Monday 16 July 2012

Review: Eyeshadow palettes by Fraulein, Fash & La Femme

I recently bought a few eyeshadow palettes on Amazon which I've been loving, so I thought I'd do a post about them as I think they're well worth the mention for being such great value for money!

I bought four palettes; two buy Fash, one by Fraulein and one by La Femme. The latter is a very shimmery palette and the Fash and Fraulein palettes all have a mixture of matte and shimmer colours. All palettes have okay pigmentation, of course I wasn't expecting anything amazing for the price but the colour pay off for most of the shadows are alright without using any eyelid primer or base. And besides, I wasn't too worried about this as my main reason for buying the palettes was being able to experiment with loads of different colours without having to fork out loads of money for higher end stuff or buying lots of cheaper smaller palettes. I can't remember exactly what I paid for the palettes when I bought them but they were all around or under £10. The La Femme one was the cheapest and is only £4.20 on Amazon right now! You have to get them when they've got a big discount as the 'normal' price is usually something like £20 which I think is quite a lot for the quality of the palettes. 

All the following pictures of the palettes are a mixture of flash and no flash pictures.

Here is the La Femme shimmer palette.











Fraulein palette






FASH palette






FASH warm palette







Lots of colours to play with, eh? I read somewhere that all these types of multi coloured palettes (Coastal Scents and Blush Professionals included) are made in the factories so I wasn't too bothered about what brand I got before I bought the palettes. At first I wasn't going to buy the Fraulein palette but when I happened to come across it I noticed the colours are a lot more vibrant than the FASH palette.

Here are some pictures of when I've used the palettes.






Excuse the unruly brows in the top picture! Notice how in the green look the eyeshadow is slightly faded. I had taken the picture after I had got home from a night out. Gives you an idea how the eyeshadows last without a primer. With this look I used a green cream eyeshadow from FCUK together with the FASH palette and with the pink look I used a Helena Rubinstein individual shadow called Plumb Cognac as the outer colour. The rest of the pink colours are all from the La Femme shimmer palette. In case you are wondering I'm wearing L'oreal's Extra-Volume Collagene Mascara in the pink look and Maybelline's Define-A-Lash Mascara in the green. My lower lashes aren't very dramatic as I only ever wear clear mascara on them and just put a little of the dark mascara on the eyelash ends and in the corners.

Verdict: Great for experimenting loads and loads of different looks on a budget! Like I said, the pigmentation isn't amazing or anything but if you're looking to try out different looks without having to go out and buy lots of smaller palettes or even individual eyeshadows this is your best bet. Using these palettes also helps you determine which colours suit you best. Like the La Femme palette has a beautiful cobalt-ish blue colour which I tired out once but didn't really look nice on me when I used it as it didn't compliment my skin tone, so I don't think I would buy anything similar if I were to come across something like that of better quality. It would definitely look good on someone with a cool skin tone like Courtney Cox for example. Overall I like the palettes and definitely recommend them! Just remember to wait for them to go on sale if you do decide to give them a go.

3 comments:

  1. I love all these photos, they look really good! Also really like the bottom look you've created, looks really lovely on you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing this information.Natural beauty tips click here for easy and simple home made beauty tips with out side effects.

    ReplyDelete