Thursday 13 December 2012

Review: Me Me Me Seventh Heaven Moisturising Face Base





A few months ago I took advantage of a Groupon deal that Me Me Me had going on and this primer was one of the products that I purchased. I hadn't really heard that much about Me Me Me other than brief mentions in  one or two YouTube videos. I checked out their website first to have a look at the products and the Seventh Heaven Moisturising Face Base sounded like a really nice product to use, so I thought I'd give it a whirl. In Me Me Me's words this primer is a ''Moisturising facebase enriched with Shea Butter, Vitamin A and Beta-Carotene to prep & prime skin.'' Sounds good huh? I wasn't really sure what results to expect due to my oily/combination skin but a few reviews I had seen convinced me that this 'facebase' would smooth over my skin nicely and not leave it feeling greasy or like there's still something sitting on top of it. 




Texture: The texture of this primer is goooorgeously luxurious! It's thick and smooth though still light in a way, it doesn't feel heavy at all. It glides really nicely over your skin and leaves it soft and ready for foundation application.




Scent: I love the scent of this primer, it's exactly how I described L'oreal's Hydrafresh Active Day Ultra Hydrating Gel-Crème in the review I did a few posts ago - fresh and zesty! I think it has a very grapefruit-y scent to it.

Results: I've been loving the finish my skin gets when I use this primer. In my opinion it preps the skin perfectly for foundation. It leaves your skin with a sort of velvety finish while at the same time leaving the skin soft, supple and moisturised. I would say it is almost as good, or just as good as the Smashbox Photo Finish Foundation Primer in helping to reduce the appearance of pores and fine lines. I wouldn't say this primer helps your make-up stay put for hours on end, I believe it performs just as well as any other good primer in that aspect. But what I love about it is that it it feels like I'm using a really nice moisturiser. As I said, the finish is velvety though moisturising and nourishing so it's still great for oily skin types but also good for people with drier skin types that want a primer that feels lovely to use and doesn't over matify the skin. I've used this primer in both cold and hot conditions and can confirm that it did not make my skin any more oilier at any time! Definitely a repurchase for me, another 10/10 product for Luxe'n'Lush!

A point I want to make is that when I bought Me Me Me's Seventh Heaven Moisturising Face Base I think it was around £12 if I remember correctly. The price has now slightly gone up to £15, however it's currently on promotion on the Me Me Me website for £12.50.

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete